The Callaway Junior Tour, sponsored by Tri-State Roofing and Sheet Metal and hosted by the West Virginia Golf Association (WVGA), visited Canaan Valley Resort in Davis Thursday with a total field of 91 golfers aged 10 to 18.
Adam Gill of Wheeling, playing in the boys 15-16 division, won the Tri-State Roofing and Sheet Metal Round of the Day for boys, helped by scoring six birdies. Audrey Kerr of Bridgeport, playing in the girls 10-14 division, won the Tri-State Roofing and Sheet Metal Round of the Day for girls, aided by two birdies.
“This is a great event and tradition for us. We’re now seeing second generation golfers. The Callaway Junior Tour is a great way to get children involved in the sport for a lifetime and we’re proud to be a supporter of youth golf,” said Canaan’s General Manager Matt Baker. “The course is in great condition, firm and playing well.”
“We’ve certainly enjoyed our two days in the mountains with all of our youth golfers,” said WVGA Tournament Manager – Youth Golf Lucas Ware.
Division winners were:
- Boys 12 & under: Jude Walker of Mount Zion;
- Boys 13-14: Carson Higginbotham of Clarksburg;
- Boys 15-16: Adam Gill of Wheeling;
- Boys 17-18: Blake Lewis of Parkersburg, defeating Landon Spiker of Morgantown and Edward Kehl of Little Hocking, Ohio, in a three-way playoff;
- Girls 10-14: Audrey Kerr of Bridgeport; and
- Girls 15-18: Jordan Blaine of Gallipolis, Ohio.
Click here for today’s leaderboards: Callaway Junior Tour – Canaan.
The Callaway Junior Tour is in action again Monday, July 24, at Parkersburg Country Club.
For more information, please visit wvga.org.