Joe Crislip of Parkersburg took today’s Little General Stores Low Round of the Day at Berry Hills.
Joe Crislip of Parkersburg earned the Little General Stores Low Round of the Day at the West Virginia Golf Association (WVGA) Senior Series event Monday at Berry Hills Country Club with a five over par 75.
“A field of 97 golfers saw hot and sticky weather today at Berry Hills, where conditions were tough once again this year,” said WVGA Tournament Manager Chance Hindbaugh. “Also, we thank Little General Stores for their continued support of the WVGA Senior Series.”
When asked about his round on Monday, Crislip said, “I really didn’t strike the ball great today, but I putted fantastic and if you want to win one of these, you have to manage your game from tee to green but make the ones you’re supposed to make once on the green.”
The West Virginia Senior Series, which is presented by Little General Stores and conducted by the WVGA, is for players age 50 and up. Categories are: Senior, 50-59; Silver, 60-69; Gold, 70-79; and 80+.
Division winners were:
- Senior Gross: Mark Strickland of Boomer;
- Senior Net: Brent Terry of Kenova;
- Silver Gross: Joe Crislip of Parkersburg;
- Silver Net: Greg Lawson of Barboursville;
- Gold Gross: Mike Wiley of White Sulphur Springs;
- Gold Net: Bill Yoho of New Haven;
- 80+ Gross: Bob White of Hurricane; and
- 80+ Net: Bill Yoho of New Haven of Mason.
Click here for the event leaderboard: Senior Series at Berry Hills.
The Senior Series is back in action Tuesday, August 16, at Preston Country Club.
For more information please visit wvga.org.