The Callaway Junior Tour High School Series, sponsored by Tri-State Roofing and Sheet Metal, continued its 2022 season at Parkersburg Country Club today.
Winfield High School won the opening event of the four-event series, the Capital City Classic, with a combined score of 15 over par. Each school has a team of four players, with the best three scores counting as the team’s total score. The series, a partner of Callaway Golf and conducted by the West Virginia Golf Association, featured a field of 109 golfers on 27 high school teams from across West Virginia.
The remaining schools in the top five were:
- Cabell Midland High School (“A”);
- St. Mary’s High School;
- Parkersburg South High School; and
- Herbert Hoover High School (“A”).
The five players with the lowest individual scores received Tri-State Roofing and Sheet Metal Medalist trophies. Those were awarded to:
- Justin Doerr of Wheeling Central Catholic High School;
- Trent Renner of St. Mary’s High School;
- Jackson Woodburn of Winfield High School;
- Parker Vannoy of Parkersburg South High School; and
- Matthew Carney of Cabell Midland High School.
Click here for a complete list of today’s final scores.
The High School Series is in action again August 8 at Parkersburg Country Club.
For more information, please visit wvga.org.