The second of seven state-wide qualifiers for the 89th West Virginia Open Championship took place Monday in Daniels at The Resort at Glade Springs. Over 40 golfers started the day hoping to obtain one of 15 spots available today leading to the final field of the West Virginia Open which will take place at Stonewall Resort later this month.
“We’re happy to host a qualifier for the West Virginia Open at Glade Springs,” said Kyle Long, head golf professional at The Resort at Glade Springs. “After hosting the Four-Ball Championship, it’s been a great weekend here.”
Earning Medalist Honors were Ian Patrick of Huntington and Patrick Smith of Beckley, each finishing at even par 72.
Other qualifiers were:
- Chris Daniels of Beckley;
- Brian Hart of Bluefield;
- Hunter O’Neal of Bluefield, Va.;
- Tyler Patterson of Charleston;
- Carson Proffitt of Camp Creek;
- Jared Shank of Charles Town;
- Adam Sholes of Charleston;
- Jared Taylor of Bluefield;
- Tanner Vest of Shady Spring;
- Mason Weese of Charleston;
- David Woodrum of Bluefield;
- Jackson Woodburn of Scott Depot; and
- Jonah Wilson of Daniels.
The WVOPEN Championship has a rich 88-year history. Legendary professional golfer Sam Snead holds the record for the most WV OPEN victories at 17. The defending champion is 12-time winner David Bradshaw. The WV OPEN features the best amateur and professional golfers in West Virginia, competing for over $30,000 in prizes.
For today’s leaderboard, visit WV Open Qualifier – Championship Leaderboard | West Virginia Golf A (bluegolf.com).
For more information please visit wvga.org.