The Callaway Junior Tour, sponsored by Tri-State Roofing and Sheet Metal and hosted by the West Virginia Golf Association (WVGA), saw another day of extremely hot weather in the Eastern Panhandle Thursday at The Club at Cress Creek in Shepherdstown.
Bobby Kincaid of Nampa, Idaho, scored an even par 71 on his way to winning the Tri-State Roofing and Sheet Metal Round of the Day for boys. He said, “The greens were rolling well, and I made some putts today.”
Sara Veara of Berkeley Springs won the Tri-State Roofing and Sheet Metal Round of the Day for girls. “I always enjoy playing here and I played well today,” she said.
“We had another hot day but the players did well to stay hydrated, and I think everyone had a great day,” said WVGA Tournament Manager – Youth Operations Lucas Ware.
Division winners were:
- Boys 12 & under: Matthew Riggleman of Petersburg;
- Boys 13-14: Tommy Evans of Charles Town, who scored five birdies;
- Boys 15-16: Argyle Downes of Charles Town;
- Boys 17-18: Bobby Kincaid of Nampa, Idaho;
- Girls 10-14: Isabelle Studli of Fairfield, Pa.; and
- Girls 15-18: Sara Veara of Berkeley Springs.
Click here for today’s leaderboard: Callaway Junior Tour – The Club at Cress Creek.
The Callaway Junior Tour is in action again Monday, June 20, at Bridgeport Country Club.
For more information, please visit wvga.org.