The third of seven state-wide qualifiers for the 89th West Virginia Open Championship took place Wednesday in Morgantown at The Pines Country Club. Over 55 golfers started the day hoping to obtain one of 20 spots available today leading to the final field of the West Virginia Open which will take place at Stonewall Resort later this month.
Earning Medalist Honors was John Kingora of Morgantown who finished with a two under par 69. Kingora said, “I have been playing this course for quite some time and always seem to have a good time here.”
“The Pines Country Club was a gracious host and the golf course was in fantastic condition,” said WVGA Tournament Director Chance Hindbaugh.
Other qualifiers were:
- Todd Williams of Grafton (who scored five birdies), (+1) 72; and
- Kurtis Grant of Morgantown, (+1) 72;
- Jack Lindgren of Morgantown, (+2) 73;
- Winston Canada of Dunbar, (+3) 74;
- Evan Conard of Charleston, (+4) 75;
- Mark Golden of Morgantown, (+5) 76;
- Ethan Hardy of Charles Town, (+5) 76;
- Cory Dillinger of Morgantown, (+5) 76;
- Adam Ware of Grafton, (+6) 77;
- Peter Kurelac of Wheeling, (+6) 77;
- JP Cochran of Benwood, (+6) 77;
- Clark Craig of Fairmont, (+6) 77;
- Travis Woodford of Glenville, (+7) 78;
- Tom Licciardi of Morgantown, (+7) 78;
- Matt Gissy of Weston, (+7) 78;
- Robert Gaston of Morgantown, (+7) 78;
- Tyler Kondo of Morgantown, (+7) 78;
- Joseph Ranieri of Fairmont, (+7) 78; and
- Kevin Pierson of Morgantown, (+7) 78.
The WVOPEN Championship has a rich 88-year history. Legendary professional golfer Sam Snead holds the record for the most WV OPEN victories at 17. The defending champion is 12-time winner David Bradshaw. The WV OPEN features the best amateur and professional golfers in West Virginia, competing for over $30,000 in prizes.
For today’s leaderboard, visit WV Open Qualifier – The Pines Country Club.
For more information please visit wvga.org.