In more than 8,000 elementary schools across the United States, many students are teeing off for the first time thanks to The First Tee National School Program, bringing our curriculum to your child’s gym during physical education class. Through safe, fun activities, elementary students are learning the basic skills of the lifelong sport of golf. By teaching elementary students The First Tee Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits, we’re putting them on the course to a healthy and active lifestyle.
The First Tee National School Program integrates golf motor skill development with character education and wellness. It’s a winning combination! In addition, the program objectives are as follows:
- Create a safe introduction to golf for today’s students and teachers.
- Ensure that golf education meets the same national standards developed by the Society for Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE).
- Help students build character and confidence through the positive personal and social values associated with the game.
- Engage students in daily lesson activities that lead to development of basic golf motor skills
- Show students that golf can be a great lifelong recreation and health-enhancing activity.
- Make the positive values of golf a part of the classroom and students’ everyday lives.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Are you a physical educator looking for more information? The First Tee provides the training, equipment and lesson plans that integrate golf skills, motor skills, core values and healthy habits. Please contact Ashley Hamilton at email@example.com or 304-391-5000 x205 to get started today!