The Divisions within the Callaway Junior Tour ROOKIE LEAGUE are not separated by age or gender and designed to fit each young player based on their own personal skill level. This League is designed to offer an affordable junior golf experience for children brand new to the game as well as for those who are just a step away from joining the Big Leaguers on the Callaway Junior Tour. The low score in each division will receive an award but note that this competition is to introduce young golfers to the game of golf as a recreational activity.
TRIPLE A (AAA) DIVISION (9-Holes)
“AAA” division is for players prepared to play 9 holes at the full length of the most forward set of tees at each golf course. This yardage will vary but will be played from the women’s set of tees. This division is designed for those who are not yet ready to play a full 18 holes of competitive golf. There is a maximum stroke, per hole, of 10. Caddies may be used, pull carts are permitted. No motorized golf carts.
DOUBLE A (AA) DIVISION (9- Holes)
“AA” division is for players that are new to the game but have the endurance and length to play 9-Holes. A special set of tee markers will be played from in the AA Division. Par 3 – Max of 100 Yards, Par 4 -Max of 200 Yards, Par 5 – Max of 300 Yards. There is a maximum stroke, per hole, of 10. Caddies may be used, pull carts are permitted. No motorized golf carts.
SINGLE A (A) DIVISION (6 Holes)
“A” division is meant for the players that are new to the game and for the player that this yardage suites for endurance as well as length of holes. Par 3 – Max of 50 Yards, Par 4 – Max of 125 Yards, Par 5 – Max of 175 Yards. There is a maximum stroke, per hole, of 10. Caddies may be used, pull carts are permitted. No motorized golf carts.
• My child is 5 years old, is he/she too young to play? No, as long as the child has the endurance to walk 6 or 9 holes with a pull cart or with a caddie.
• Is there a Membership Fee? No
• What is the cost per event? $12 per golfer, per event
• Is there a separate division for Boys and Girls? No, the divisions are based upon the players skill level and endurance to walk 6 or 9 holes.
• Are prizes awarded in each division? The player with the lowest score of the day in each division will receive an award.
• If my child plays in the first event and we realize that he/she belongs in another division, can we change for the next event? Yes.
• I have a 16-year old who enjoys playing, but is not necessarily ready to play all 18 holes in a competition, is he too old to play AAA? No.
• Are spectators permitted to watch? Yes! We encourage friends and family to come and enjoy watching. At each course, spectators will be permitted to purchase a spectator cart, or you may walk along at no charge. *Spectator Rules & Regulations will be distributed the day of the event.
• I want my child to be introduced into golf, but we do not know the rules. Can he/she still play? Yes. The West Virginia Golf Association will have members of its team at each event to assist with teaching the rules as well as helping each golfer and caddie navigate throughout the event.
• When do these events take place? On the weekends and afternoons. Tee-Times will be provided 48 hours in advance of the event.
CLICK HERE for event information and to register for the Callaway Jr. Tour Rookie League