The third qualifier for the 103rd WV Amateur Championship, presented by Astorg Motor Company and Mercedes-Benz of Charleston and conducted by the West Virginia Golf Association (WVGA), took place July 11 at Edgewood Country Club.
Cory Hoshor of Scott Depot led the field of 16 qualifiers with a two under par 69, while there was a four-way playoff for the final three spots.
“It’s always a joy to have some of the best amateur players in West Virginia at our course,” Edgewood’s Head Golf Professional Craig Berner said. “Kenny and his staff had the course in great shape.”
Over 400 golfers from West Virginia have registered to qualify for this year’s Amateur Championship at The Greenbrier. There were 60 players competing for 16 spots and two alternate positions in the Championship. The other qualifying players from Monday were:
- Steve Ross of Huntington, (+1) 72;
- Jacob Workman of Chapmanville, (+2) 73;
- Stephen McDavid of Scott Depot, (+2) 73;
- Brooks Farmer of Morgantown, (+3) 74;
- Yadhu Urs of Wheeling, (+3) 74;
- Ian Patrick of Huntington, (+4) 75;
- Brian Khoury of Charleston, (+4) 75;
- Jason McClanahan of Charleston, (+5) 76;
- Jackson Woodburn of Scott Depot, (+5) 76;
- Jeremy Vallett of Logan, (+5) 76;
- Tyler Shamblin of Elkview, (+5) 76;
- Mike Keiffer of Scott Depot, (+5) 76;
- Matthew Stump of Charleston, (+6) 77;
- Ben Palmer of Parkersburg, (+6) 77;
- John Logan Taylor of Charleston, (+6) 77;
- Alternate Cory Bruzda of Barboursville, (+6) 77; and
- Alternate JT Rowsey of Culloden, (+7) 78.
The remaining qualifying dates and locations are:
July 18th at Bridgeport Country Club, Bridgeport;
July 21st at Locust Hill Golf Course, Charles Town;
July 25th at Guyan Golf and Country Club, Huntington; and
July 27th “Last Chance Qualifier” at Greenhills Country Club, Ravenswood.
The Amateur Championship will take place July 31 – August 3 at The Greenbrier, which has hosted the event 95 of the past 102 years.
Click here for today’s leaderboard – 103rd WV Amateur Qualifier – Edgewood.