The 17th annual Junior Match Play Championship concluded today at Parkersburg Country Club in Vienna. Players were greeted with immaculate course conditions for the weekend on the par 73 layout. Mason Williams of Bridgeport became the first ever two-time winner in the history of the Junior Match Play championship as he successfully defended his title from 2016. Williams got his day started by beating Noah Mullens 4&3, while the other semifinal match had the most excitement as Christian Boyd of Charles Town won the final three holes over Mason Weese, including firing a 3 wood to 3 feet on the 18th hole to make eagle to win the match 1up. Williams and Boyd faced off in a great match, with Williams making 5 birdies and Boyd playing very close to even par golf but in the end it was Williams who closed Boyd out 3&2 to win the championship.
- Sam O’Dell Wins the 98th WV Amateur presented by Mercedes-Benz
- Sixteen-year-old, Christian Boyd, Atop the Leaderboard at the 98th WV Amateur presented by Mercedes-Benz
- Tomblin takes Round 1 Lead of the 98th WV Amateur Championship presented by Mercedes-Benz
- Marshall’s Thomas Frazier Medals as 23 Players Qualify for the 98th WV Amateur presented by Mercedes-Benz
- Jerry Stutler Wins Medalist as 11 Players Qualify for the 98th WV Amateur presented by Mercedes-Benz